Autumn has arrived and Winter along the way. All you want is wrapped in your duvet with a cup of hot chocolate when it’s so chilly outside. I like my hot chocolate think and creamy, almost like melted chocolate in your mouth. (however i don’t like it being overly sweet).
So here is a new found love for hot chocolate that has less sugar as well!
– 250ml Coconut Milk
– 100 ml Almond Milk
– 2 Tbsp 100% Cocoa
– 2 Tbsp Agave Nectar or Honey
– 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1. Pour the coconut milk and almond milk into a pot and turn on medium low. Heat until warm. (NEVER turn the heat all the way up on High. Medium high should be the highest you go. This should simmer rather than boil)
2. Add in Cocoa Powder and start stirring and to avoid it burning on the bottom of your pot.
3. When everything is melted and nicely combined, add in vanilla extract and add in agave or honey to taste ( the above measurement was what i added as I don’t like having it sweet and wanted that dark chocolatey taste. but you can adjust)
4. Remove from heat and pour into your cup
5. Sprinkle cinnamon if desired
It tastes so good and i also like the tiny hint of coconut with the chocolate. It makes me want to go to bed straight away too or maybe I am just sleepy 🙂
Until Next Time, (I am going to bed)